UAL's accommodation guide to renting private accommodation.
UAL’s accommodation guide to renting private accommodation.
Renting private accommodation
The information on these pages will guide you through the process of finding a new home, moving in and out and help you with any problems you may encounter.
You can find information on:
- Looking for a place
- Money and contracts
- Moving in and out
Tips for renting in London
- If you are new to London it’s a good idea to visit the city before moving here to find an area you would like to live in.
- You will need to do some research before looking for a room, flat or house to rent from a private landlord.
- It’s essential that you view the accommodation before you pay any money to make sure you like it and the offer is genuine.
- As a UAL student, you are entitled to make use of the University of London Housing Services (ULHS). They offer a range of services for students looking for private accommodation.
- Take a look at their Private Housing Guide to find out more about living in private rented accommodation.
- The Shelter website also has useful information about renting in London.
How can UAL help?
As well as the information on this page we also offer the following services:
- One-on-one friendly advice and information to take away
- Free contract checking service
- Free legal advice to help you deal with problems