Accommodation for Study Abroad Students

Room in UAL hall of residence Sketch House

A variety of housing options are available to Study Abroad students which means you can choose a place to live that suits your budget and lifestyle.

UAL halls of residence - Semester and Integrated programmes

You will be guaranteed a place in University halls provided you apply by the given deadline. UAL halls of residence provide high-quality, self-catering accommodation across the capital. The majority of rooms are equipped with a shower and toilet, and you'll have access to a shared kitchen.

We hold allocations of rooms at 2 of UAL's newest halls:

Students joining our Summer Study Abroad programme can also apply to the following 3 halls of residence:

Our students tell us they feel very safe at the University, and your well-being is our top priority. All UAL residences have:

  • closed-circuit television (CCTV) inside and outside the building;
  • secure entry, for example by fob or card;
  • staff available and contactable 24 hours a day.

UAL makes special arrangements for Study Abroad students and, where possible, you are allowed to take on a tenancy agreement that is shorter than normal. Note that these short-term tenancies are priced at a higher rate than the standard full-length tenancies. If you are offered a place in halls you will be asked to sign a tenancy agreement, which is a binding legal contract for the period of your stay.

To find out more and to apply for a place, visit UAL Accommodation

Private accommodation

Praed Street apartments

These shared apartments are located just a 10-minute walk from Marble Arch and one of central London's most popular shopping destinations, Oxford Street. Each apartment is made up of shared twin or triple bedrooms and comes equipped with the following facilities:

  • fully-furnished kitchen
  • living room with flat-screen TV
  • weekly cleaning service, including a linen charge

Homestays and house shares

Living in a home stay is a great way to get an authentic taste of British life and is a popular choice for students who want to improve their English. Host families are based within safe residential areas within Zones 2 and 4 of the London transport network.

If you'd like a little more independence then you might prefer to join a house share, living with between 2 and 7 other students. All properties are based in London's Docklands area within Zone 2 of the transport network.

Find out more about home stays and house shares